Pages

Monday 7 March 2016

Recipe : Chicken and Coconut Curry

I know what you're thinking...A recipe, on my blog! Coming from someone who admittedly cannot cook, I promise this is just for those who asked me for this yummy Chicken Bang Bang recipe when I cooked it last week, and not a new feature for my blog. 

I am not the best when it comes to cooking but I can follow a recipe and this one is fool proof. My Mum cut it from a magazine recently and sent it on to myself and my two sisters, who are also loving it. It was on a little scrap of paper so I promised I would rewrite it here for anyone who wants to try it. 

Here's what you'll need - 

- 1 tablespoon vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped (I leave this out as Paul hates onions!)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed 
- 2.5cm (1in) piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 large green chillies, deseeded (optional) and finely chopped
- 15g (1/2oz) coriander, leaves picked and stalks roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 400ml coconut milk 
- 150ml chicken stock
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into 2.5cm (1on) cubes - I just use regular chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75g green beans, trimmed and halfed
- Lime wedges, boiled rice and naan bread to serve. 

Method - 

Pour the vegetable or sunflower oil into a large saucepan. Add the roughly chopped onion and crushed garlic and fry on a gentle heat for 6-8 minutes until soft but not browned. Add the finely grated ginger, and finely chopped chillies, the roughly chipped coriander stalks, the garam masala and fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and the chicken stock, and bring slowly to the boil. Add the cubes of chicken and season with a little salt and pepper. 
Reduce the heat and simmer, covered with a lid, for 30 minutes. Remove the lip and simmer for a further 15 minutes, adding the green beans for the last five minutes of cooking, by which time the chicken should be completely cooked and the sauce thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander leaves. Serve at once with the lime wedges and some boiled rice and naan bread. 

If I can cook this recipe, anyone can. 

Enjoy, 

Rosie 

No comments:

Post a Comment