Pages

Friday 8 May 2015

AYU Make Up Brushes Review



So, what is the point in spending all your hard earned money on amazing make up products, without the right tools to apply them? And who knows more about make up and brushes, than the professional artists who use them on a daily basis. 

Welcome, AYU Brushes. AYU is an Irish based and Irish owned make up brush company, set up by professional make up artist Suzanne O'Neill and her sister Laura Maher. Having worked in both the beauty and make up industry for over ten years, Suzanne really knows her stuff. This was obvious from the first time I tried out the brushes.

I have trialled them for over a month now, and can safely say, they are a must in my make up kit. The brushes are made from sable, goat hair and synthetic fibres. They give a flawless look to your make up, whether you are using high end or drugstore make up brands. 

My favourites from the collection - 

The Buffer Brush


I mentioned this brush in my recent Top 5 Foundations blog post. I have been using it to apply my base for a while now, and it really helps to buff the product into the skin, making it last all day. I find I use less foundation with this, as the brush doesn't soak up all of the product. Its the perfect size for covering the whole face quickly, so great for someone who is on the go and needs to get out the door asap! 
This brush retails at €12.50 which is a super price when you compare it to some high end brushes. 


I know this is meant to be used for eyeliner, but this is my new eyebrow brush. I picked up the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade recently, and this is the brush I apply it with. It is super thin so creates hair like strokes, making the brows look natural yet defined. This brush is only €4.50 so I will be picking up a few more for using on clients, and for gel liner too.


As a make up artist, you can never have enough blending brushes. As you may know, the key to amazing make up is all in the blending. When i do a detailed eye make up, I can sometimes use 3 or 4 of these brushes. They blend just as good as the MAC equivalent and retail at only €5, meaning you can purchase a few of these, without breaking the bank. This brush is a must have in any woman's make up kit, whether professional or for personal use. 




As we all know contouring is the latest make up craze, and in order to do it right, you need to apply it correctly and blend blend blend. 
This brush makes contouring really easy for beginners as the brush is angled, which makes defining your cheek bones a simple task. I also use this brush for applying highlighter to the tops of my cheek bones too. This is only €10.50 and you can purchase it on www.AYUMakeUp.ie 

AYU also stock amazing brush sets, for those of you starting out and looking to get the ultimate essentials for your make up bag.

Check out the full range and their beautiful make up palettes on 

Happy shopping ladies, 

Lots of Love,

Rosie 
X





No comments:

Post a Comment