Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Make Up Focus : Eyebrow Tutorial



Hi Ladies,

Recently, I have had a lot of questions about my eyebrows, and how I achieve my look. 
I have decided to do a step by step of how I do my brows, and what product's I use.

Like all of us, I have had my fair share of eyebrow disasters, over plucking being the biggest mistake.
I went to town on my brows with a tweezers in my early teens, and am still haunted by any photos I see  of that time, to this day!!
Luckily, I have mastered the art of creating the perfect brow for my face shape, so I will share my tips with you below…


Step 1 - I always do my brows first, before any other make up step. I find I get a better base for creating the over all look once my brows are done.

Step 2 - I use Lingering eyebrow pencil from MAC, and slowly fill in my brows, from the middle of the brow, outwards.

Step 3 - Make sure to use "hair like" strokes, and do not be heavy handed, as otherwise your brows will have too much product and become slightly "scouse" looking!! (Not a good look for anyone!!)

Step 4 - Using a 266 from MAC, I will then drag the product towards the start of my brow, to create a softer finish. feather it upwards, in the direction of the hair growth.

Step 5 - I then move on to the tail of my brow, which I like to be quite sharp. I use the pencil a little heavier here, and make sure to create a clean finish.
(TIP: make sure if you use a pencil, that it is freshly pared and sharp for this)

Step 6 - The next step is the key for creating a HD look. Take a concealer, two shades lighted than your skin tone, with a small angled brush, and outline the brow, top and bottom. This will clean up any product fallout, and create a contrast to the brow.
You can then add a highlight to the brow bone, under the eye brow for an even more dramatic effect.

Step 7 - Always make sure to use an eyebrow brush, and brush out the brows before finishing, I tend to spray a little hairspray on the brush beforehand, to make sure the hairs stay in place all day and night.


I hope this has helped you all, and if you have any further questions please let me know!

Have a lovely Sunday evening ladies,

Lots of Love,

Rosie 
X


3 comments:

  1. Amazing Rosie, very helpful ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, and you are very beautiful!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great!! Love the hairspray trick
    Martina x

    www.martinasmark.com

    ReplyDelete